Pros & Cons of CBT Therapy
Research study has actually shown that cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) can be as reliable as medication in dealing with Anxiety & Anxiety problems.
There is always a risk that bad feelings you connect with your problem will return, but with your CBT abilities it must be much easier for you to manage them. This is why it is essential to continue practicing your CBT abilities even after you are feeling better and your sessions have actually finished.
CBT might not be suitable or successful for everybody.
Some advantages and drawbacks of the technique are listed below.
Advantages of CBT
Can be as effective as medication in treating some psychological health disorders and might be practical in cases where medication alone has actually not worked.
- Can be finished in a relatively short amount of time compared to other talking treatments.
- Concentrate on re-training your thoughts and altering your behaviours, in order to make changes to how you feel.
- The extremely structured nature of CBT suggests it can be supplied in various formats, including in groups, self-help books and computer system programs.
- Abilities you discover in CBT work, valuable and practical methods that can be included into everyday life to assist you cope much better with future tensions and troubles, even after the treatment has ended up.
Disadvantages of CBT
- To benefit from CBT, you need to dedicate yourself to the process. A therapist can help and encourage you, but can not make your issues disappear without your co-operation.
- Attending routine CBT sessions and performing any additional work between sessions can take up a great deal of your time.
- Due to the structured nature of CBT, it might not be suitable for people with more complex psychological health requirements or discovering troubles.
- As CBT can include facing your feelings and anxieties, you might experience preliminary durations where you are more mentally uncomfortable or nervous.
- Some critics argue that since CBT just focuses and resolves current problems on specific concerns, it does not resolve the possible underlying reasons for mental health conditions, such as an unhappy youth.
- CBT concentrates on the person’s capability to change themselves (their sensations, behaviours and ideas), and does not address larger problems in systems or households that typically have a significant impact on an individual’s health and wellness.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Online therapy
- CBT for OCD
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy children
- Therapy depression
- Marriage counselling
- Contact us