Pros & Cons of CBT Therapy
Research has actually shown that cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) can be as reliable as medication in treating Anxiety & Anxiety issues.
There is constantly a threat that tensions you associate with your issue will return, however with your CBT abilities it must be simpler for you to control them. This is why it is very important to continue practicing your CBT abilities even after you are feeling better and your sessions have actually ended up.
Nevertheless, CBT might not be suitable or successful for everyone.
Some advantages and downsides of the method are listed below.
Advantages of CBT
Can be as efficient as medication in dealing with some mental health conditions and may be helpful in cases where medication alone has actually not worked.
- Can be finished in a fairly short time period compared to other talking treatments.
- Concentrate on re-training your thoughts and modifying your behaviours, in order to make changes to how you feel.
- The extremely structured nature of CBT means it can be supplied in different formats, including in groups, self-help books and computer system programs.
- Skills you find out in CBT work, valuable and useful methods that can be included into daily life to help you cope better with future tensions and problems, even after the treatment has finished.
Disadvantages of CBT
- To take advantage of CBT, you require to devote yourself to the procedure. A therapist can assist and advise you, however can not make your problems go away without your co-operation.
- Attending regular CBT sessions and performing any additional work in between sessions can take up a great deal of your time.
- Due to the structured nature of CBT, it might not be suitable for individuals with more complex psychological health needs or discovering difficulties.
- As CBT can include challenging your anxieties and emotions, you might experience preliminary periods where you are more anxious or emotionally unpleasant.
- Some critics argue that since CBT just focuses and addresses present issues on specific issues, it does not attend to the possible underlying reasons for psychological health conditions, such as an unhappy youth.
- CBT focuses on the person’s capacity to change themselves (their ideas, behaviours and sensations), and does not resolve wider issues in systems or families that frequently have a substantial effect on a person’s health and wellbeing.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Online therapy
- CBT for OCD
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy children
- Therapy depression
- Marriage counselling
- Contact us