Pros & Cons of CBT Therapy
Research has actually shown that cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) can be as reliable as medication in treating Anxiety & Anxiety issues.
There is always a threat that tensions you connect with your issue will return, however with your CBT abilities it need to be easier for you to manage them. This is why it is necessary to continue practising your CBT abilities even after you are feeling better and your sessions have actually finished.
Nevertheless, CBT might not be ideal or effective for everybody.
Some benefits and drawbacks of the technique are listed below.
Benefits of CBT
Can be as effective as medication in treating some mental health conditions and may be helpful in cases where medication alone has actually not worked.
- Can be finished in a fairly short amount of time compared to other talking therapies.
- Focuses on re-training your thoughts and modifying your behaviours, in order to make changes to how you feel.
- The highly structured nature of CBT implies it can be supplied in various formats, consisting of in groups, self-help books and computer system programs.
- Skills you discover in CBT are useful, handy and practical strategies that can be included into daily life to help you cope better with future stresses and troubles, even after the treatment has actually completed.
Disadvantages of CBT
- To benefit from CBT, you need to devote yourself to the procedure. A therapist can help and recommend you, but can not make your issues go away without your co-operation.
- Attending regular CBT sessions and performing any extra work in between sessions can use up a great deal of your time.
- Due to the structured nature of CBT, it may not appropriate for people with more complex mental health needs or learning troubles.
- As CBT can include challenging your emotions and anxieties, you may experience preliminary periods where you are more anxious or mentally uneasy.
- Some critics argue that because CBT just focuses and addresses current problems on specific concerns, it does not address the possible underlying causes of psychological health conditions, such as a dissatisfied childhood.
- CBT concentrates on the individual’s capability to alter themselves (their feelings, ideas and behaviours), and does not attend to wider issues in systems or families that typically have a substantial effect on a person’s health and health and wellbeing.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Online therapy
- CBT for OCD
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy children
- Therapy depression
- Marriage counselling
- Contact us