Pros & Cons of CBT Therapy
Research has revealed that cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) can be as reliable as medication in treating Anxiety & Anxiety problems.
There is always a threat that bad feelings you connect with your issue will return, however with your CBT skills it should be easier for you to control them. This is why it is essential to continue practicing your CBT abilities even after you are feeling better and your sessions have finished.
CBT may not be effective or appropriate for everybody.
Some advantages and downsides of the technique are listed below.
Advantages of CBT
Can be as effective as medication in treating some psychological health conditions and might be handy in cases where medication alone has actually not worked.
- Can be finished in a fairly brief amount of time compared to other talking treatments.
- Concentrate on re-training your thoughts and modifying your behaviours, in order to make changes to how you feel.
- The highly structured nature of CBT means it can be offered in various formats, consisting of in groups, self-help books and computer system programmes.
- Skills you find out in CBT are useful, useful and helpful methods that can be included into daily life to help you cope better with future tensions and problems, even after the treatment has finished.
Drawbacks of CBT
- To benefit from CBT, you require to commit yourself to the procedure. A therapist can assist and recommend you, but can not make your problems go away without your co-operation.
- Participating in regular CBT sessions and carrying out any extra work between sessions can take up a lot of your time.
- Due to the structured nature of CBT, it might not be suitable for individuals with more complex psychological health needs or discovering troubles.
- As CBT can involve facing your feelings and anxieties, you might experience initial periods where you are more emotionally uncomfortable or anxious.
- Some critics argue that due to the fact that CBT just addresses existing problems and focuses on particular problems, it does not address the possible underlying reasons for psychological health conditions, such as an unhappy youth.
- CBT focuses on the individual’s capacity to change themselves (their sensations, ideas and behaviours), and does not resolve larger problems in systems or households that typically have a substantial impact on an individual’s health and wellness.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Online therapy
- CBT for OCD
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy children
- Therapy depression
- Marriage counselling
- Contact us