Pros & Cons of CBT Therapy
There is always a danger that tensions you relate to your issue will return, however with your CBT abilities it must be simpler for you to manage them. This is why it is important to continue practicing your CBT abilities even after you are feeling much better and your sessions have completed.
CBT might not be successful or appropriate for everybody.
Some advantages and downsides of the approach are listed below.
Advantages of CBT
Can be as reliable as medication in treating some psychological health disorders and might be helpful in cases where medication alone has not worked.
- Can be completed in a relatively short time period compared to other talking treatments.
- Focuses on re-training your ideas and altering your behaviours, in order to make changes to how you feel.
- The highly structured nature of CBT implies it can be offered in different formats, including in groups, self-help books and computer system programs.
- Abilities you find out in CBT work, practical and practical methods that can be integrated into everyday life to help you cope much better with future tensions and troubles, even after the treatment has ended up.
Drawbacks of CBT
- To benefit from CBT, you require to devote yourself to the process. A therapist can help and recommend you, but can not make your problems go away without your co-operation.
- Going to regular CBT sessions and carrying out any extra work in between sessions can use up a great deal of your time.
- Due to the structured nature of CBT, it may not be suitable for people with more complex psychological health requirements or learning troubles.
- As CBT can include facing your stress and anxieties and feelings, you might experience preliminary periods where you are more distressed or emotionally uneasy.
- Some critics argue that since CBT only focuses and addresses existing problems on particular concerns, it does not deal with the possible underlying reasons for mental health conditions, such as an unhappy youth.
- CBT concentrates on the individual’s capability to alter themselves (their sensations, behaviours and thoughts), and does not resolve wider problems in systems or families that typically have a significant impact on an individual’s health and wellness.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Online therapy
- CBT for OCD
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy children
- Therapy depression
- Marriage counselling
- Contact us