Pros & Cons of CBT Therapy
Research has actually revealed that cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) can be as effective as medication in dealing with Anxiety & Depression issues.
There is always a danger that bad feelings you relate to your problem will return, however with your CBT skills it should be simpler for you to control them. This is why it is very important to continue practicing your CBT abilities even after you are feeling better and your sessions have ended up.
CBT may not be successful or ideal for everybody.
Some benefits and drawbacks of the technique are listed below.
Advantages of CBT
Can be as effective as medication in dealing with some psychological health conditions and might be useful in cases where medication alone has actually not worked.
- Can be finished in a reasonably short period of time compared to other talking therapies.
- Concentrate on re-training your thoughts and modifying your behaviours, in order to make changes to how you feel.
- The highly structured nature of CBT implies it can be supplied in various formats, consisting of in groups, self-help books and computer system programmes.
- Abilities you find out in CBT work, useful and useful methods that can be incorporated into daily life to help you cope better with future stresses and difficulties, even after the treatment has actually finished.
Disadvantages of CBT
- To benefit from CBT, you require to dedicate yourself to the procedure. A therapist can help and recommend you, however can not make your problems disappear without your co-operation.
- Participating in regular CBT sessions and carrying out any extra work in between sessions can use up a lot of your time.
- Due to the structured nature of CBT, it might not be suitable for individuals with more complex mental health needs or finding out troubles.
- As CBT can involve confronting your feelings and stress and anxieties, you might experience initial durations where you are more emotionally uneasy or distressed.
- Some critics argue that because CBT just resolves current problems and focuses on specific issues, it does not resolve the possible underlying causes of mental health conditions, such as a dissatisfied youth.
- CBT focuses on the individual’s capability to alter themselves (their feelings, thoughts and behaviours), and does not deal with broader issues in systems or families that typically have a substantial influence on a person’s health and wellness.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Online therapy
- CBT for OCD
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy children
- Therapy depression
- Marriage counselling
- Contact us