Pros & Cons of CBT Therapy
Research study has actually shown that cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) can be as efficient as medication in treating Anxiety & Depression problems.
There is always a risk that tensions you connect with your issue will return, however with your CBT skills it must be much easier for you to control them. This is why it is necessary to continue practising your CBT abilities even after you are feeling better and your sessions have actually ended up.
Nonetheless, CBT may not be ideal or successful for everybody.
Some advantages and disadvantages of the technique are listed below.
Advantages of CBT
Can be as reliable as medication in dealing with some psychological health conditions and may be helpful in cases where medication alone has actually not worked.
- Can be completed in a relatively short time period compared to other talking therapies.
- Concentrate on re-training your thoughts and modifying your behaviours, in order to make changes to how you feel.
- The extremely structured nature of CBT indicates it can be provided in various formats, including in groups, self-help books and computer system programmes.
- Skills you discover in CBT are useful, useful and practical methods that can be incorporated into everyday life to help you cope much better with future stresses and troubles, even after the treatment has actually ended up.
Downsides of CBT
- To take advantage of CBT, you require to commit yourself to the process. A therapist can assist and encourage you, however can not make your problems go away without your co-operation.
- Going to routine CBT sessions and performing any additional work in between sessions can take up a great deal of your time.
- Due to the structured nature of CBT, it might not be suitable for individuals with more complex mental health needs or finding out difficulties.
- As CBT can involve facing your stress and anxieties and feelings, you may experience initial durations where you are more anxious or mentally uneasy.
- Some critics argue that because CBT just addresses existing problems and focuses on specific issues, it does not attend to the possible underlying causes of psychological health conditions, such as a dissatisfied youth.
- CBT concentrates on the individual’s capability to alter themselves (their sensations, thoughts and behaviours), and does not attend to larger issues in systems or families that often have a substantial impact on an individual’s health and wellness.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Online therapy
- CBT for OCD
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy children
- Therapy depression
- Marriage counselling
- Contact us