Pros & Cons of CBT Therapy
Research study has actually revealed that cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) can be as efficient as medication in treating Anxiety & Anxiety issues.
There is constantly a danger that bad feelings you relate to your issue will return, but with your CBT abilities it must be easier for you to control them. This is why it is necessary to continue practicing your CBT skills even after you are feeling better and your sessions have actually finished.
Nonetheless, CBT might not be appropriate or effective for everybody.
Some advantages and drawbacks of the method are listed below.
Benefits of CBT
Can be as efficient as medication in treating some psychological health conditions and may be practical in cases where medication alone has actually not worked.
- Can be completed in a relatively short amount of time compared to other talking therapies.
- Concentrate on re-training your ideas and altering your behaviours, in order to make changes to how you feel.
- The extremely structured nature of CBT indicates it can be provided in different formats, including in groups, self-help books and computer system programs.
- Skills you discover in CBT work, handy and useful techniques that can be incorporated into everyday life to assist you cope better with future stresses and problems, even after the treatment has actually finished.
Drawbacks of CBT
- To take advantage of CBT, you require to dedicate yourself to the process. A therapist can help and advise you, however can not make your problems disappear without your co-operation.
- Participating in routine CBT sessions and carrying out any extra work in between sessions can take up a great deal of your time.
- Due to the structured nature of CBT, it may not be suitable for individuals with more complex mental health needs or learning difficulties.
- As CBT can include confronting your stress and anxieties and emotions, you might experience initial durations where you are more emotionally uneasy or nervous.
- Some critics argue that since CBT only deals with existing problems and focuses on particular problems, it does not deal with the possible underlying reasons for psychological health conditions, such as an unhappy youth.
- CBT concentrates on the individual’s capacity to change themselves (their sensations, behaviours and ideas), and does not address larger issues in systems or families that frequently have a significant impact on an individual’s health and health and wellbeing.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Online therapy
- CBT for OCD
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy children
- Therapy depression
- Marriage counselling
- Contact us